More than robots.
- Design, build, and program a robot.
- Connect classroom lessons to real-world application.
- See STEM fields as areas of study and career choices.
- Apply and document the engineering process.
- Get hands-on programming experience.
- Develop problem solving, organizational, and teamwork skills.
- Compete and cooperate in alliances at competitions.
FIRST is more than robots. Its vision is to develop the next generation of innovators and leaders.
Teams come together in a variety of ways. They can be school-based or can form within non-profit organizations, scout troops, home school groups, neighborhoods. FIRST is a fit in any setting: large, small, public, private, rural, urban, or suburban.
Team members, guided by coaches and mentors, create a robot to compete in a FIRST designed game using a standard, reusable kit of parts. The season is themed with a new game every year.
Robots are programmed and controlled with a user friendly platforms. This introduces team members to the cutting edge world of mobile computing.
Events are a celebration of the season and a chance for teams to engage in the fun and excitement of competition. Awards are presented for robot build, design, and performance as well as for community outreach and other real world accomplishments.