What is FIRST® Robotics Competition?
FIRST® Robotics Competition combines the excitement of sport with the rigors of science and technology. Under strict rules and limited time and resources, teams of high school students are challenged to build industrial-size robots to play a difficult field game in alliance with other teams, while also fundraising to meet their goals, designing a team “brand,” and advancing respect and appreciation for STEM within the local community.
FIRST Robotics Competition is as close to real-world engineering as a student can get. It’s a sport where all participants may choose to become a professional.
STUDENTS GET TO:
- Learn from professional engineers
- Build and compete with a robot of their own design
- Learn and use sophisticated software and hardware
- Compete and cooperate in alliances and tournaments
- Earn a place in the World Championship
- Qualify for over $80 million in college scholarships