Join us October 7, 2023
The Governor’s Cup
Plymouth State University
The Governor’s Cup is an elite offseason event welcoming FIRST Robotics Competition (FRC) teams from all over the state of New Hampshire to compete for awards and scholarships based on robot performance and judged elements. Started in cooperation with Governor Chris Sununu’s administration in 2018, The Governor’s Cup began as a full day of exhibition and competition. Scholarships will be awarded based on team performance in the competition and individual student nominations by team mentors.
Check back in September for the complete schedule for the Governor’s Cup event. Details are still being defined.
For 2023, Governor’s Cup returns to the ALLWell North Field House on the campus at Plymouth State University, located at 32 N River St, Holderness, NH 03245.
The Governor’s Cup will be held on October 7, 2023, with setup on Friday, October 6. Teams will be able to load in on Friday evening as well.
131 – CHAOS
138 – Entropy
151 – Tough Techs
166 – Chop Shop
238 – Crusaders
319 – Big Bad Bob
501 – The Powerknights
811 – Wild Cards
1058 – PVC Pirates
1073 – The Force Team
1247 – Blood, Sweat, and Gears
1307 – Robosaints
1721 – Tidal Force
1729 – Team Inconceivable!
1831 – Screaming Eagles
1922 – Oz-Ram
2342 – Phoenix
3323 – Potential Energy
3467 – Windham Windup
4546 – Dover Shockwave Robotics
4925 – The Resistance
5813 – Morpheus
6324 – The Blue Devils
6763 – FUSION
7674 – RaiderBots
7907 – Spartan Robotics
7913 – Bear’ly Functioning
8046 – Lakerbots
8708 – 0v3R1y K0Mp13X
8724 – Mayhem
Yes, please download and share the schedule with this link: 2023 Governors Cup Schedule
Following is a summary of the schedule. Refer to the download link for full details:
Friday, October 6, 2023 (Setup and Optional Team Load-In)
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm……………..Pits and Inspection Open
Saturday, October 7, 2023 (Competition Day)
8:00 am………………………………Pits and Inspection Open
8:00 am – 9:00 am……………….VIP Reception in the ALLWell North Lobby
9:00 am – 9:30 am……………….Opening Ceremonies
9:30 am – 12:30 pm……………Qualification Round, FLL/FTC Demos, College & University Fair
12:30 pm – 1:00 pm……………Alliance Selections
1:00 pm – 2:00 pm……………..Lunch
2:00 pm – 5:00 pm……………..Final Rounds
5:00 pm – 6:30 pm……………..Awards Ceremony
7:00 pm………………………………Pits Close
FIRST Robotics Competition teams from New Hampshire that participated in the 2022/23 FIRST season are eligible to register and compete at the 2023 Governor’s Cup.
The 2023 Governor’s Cup will feature the 2023 ChargedUp game, allowing our NH FRC teams one more opportunity to play this exciting game and attempt a charging station triple balance!
Volunteers are the key to every successful FIRST event. We need adults over the age of 18 to fill a wide range of roles at the event, no experience necessary. You’ll get to meet our teams, have a ton of fun, and be spoiled with good food, and a coveted Governor’s Cup T-Shirt!
Here is a list of the awards that will be awarded:
- The Governor’s Award – Introduced in 2022, the Governor’s Award is the top award presented at the Governor’s Cup, recognizing the top three teams based on performance on and off the field.
- We had GP Even When Competing for Scholarships Award – Celebrates outstanding demonstration of FIRST Core Values such as continuous Gracious Professionalism® working together both on and off the playing field.
- Live Free or Die Safety Award – Celebrates the team that progresses beyond safety fundamentals by using innovative ways to eliminate or protect against hazards.
- Mill Yard Creativity Award – Celebrates creativity in design, use of a component, or strategy of play.
- Imagery like the Kanc Award – Celebrates attractiveness in engineering and outstanding visual aesthetic integration of machine and team appearance.
- First in the Nation Spirit Award – Celebrates extraordinary enthusiasm and spirit through exceptional partnership and teamwork furthering the objectives of FIRST.
- Winnipesaukee Judges Award – During the course of the competition, the judging panel may decide a team’s unique efforts, performance, or dynamics merit recognition.
Join us and show your NH pride!
Many thanks to our sponsors: